I have a deep, passionate love for Winger’s Sticky Finger salad. Extra sticky fingers, extra ranch, please. I was super excited to get this recipe from my trusty grocery shopping expert at Deals to Meals…you’ll hear from her later. Even my beard man LOVES this, and usually salads are “only for girls”…so this is special. Very special.

What you need is 4 chicken breasts, sour cream, bread crumbs, 2 heads romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, ranch dressing, 2 1/2 cups brown sugar, 1/3 cup Franks Hot Sauce, 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, croutons and cheese if you want….oh, and craisins if we are being totally authentic (optional..but they are a MUST for me!)
Heat oven to 400 degrees. So, slice your chicken into strips. Dip them into the sour cream and then the breadcrumbs. Place on sprayed sheet pan. You can also fry these if you are feeling naughty. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or so until they look crispy.
While the chicken is baking, chop the lettuce, and tomatoes. Then get the sticky sauce going by combining 2 1/2 cups brown sugar, 1/3 cup Franks Hot Sauce, and 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar into a pot. Stir constantly on medium high heat. Boil for just one minute. If you boil longer it might get hard! Reduce heat to low. When the chicken is done, dip the strips into the sauce…or pour it over. Reserve the extra sauce to use as additional dressing with the ranch.
To serve, chop up the strips on top of the salad. Load up with cheese, croutons, craisins, tomatoes, and ranch dressing. I love the Litehouse Homestyle Ranch…my favorite use to be Wild Coyote, but I switched. I’m a stickler about my ranch. If you want some extra tang, drizzle some more sticky finger sauce on top! Whoo! You’ll love it! This chicken would be great in wraps too!
Winger’s Sticky Finger Salad
4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
sour cream (about a cup)
bread crumbs (about 2 cups)
2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
tomatoes
croutons
cheddar cheese, grated
ranch dressing
craisins
2 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/3 cup Frank’s Hot Sauce
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
Directions: Heat oven to 400 degrees. Dip chicken breasts into the sour cream and then into bread crumbs. Place on a sprayed/greased sheet pan. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes until the chicken is cooked and crispy. While the chicken is baking, prepare salad and make the dressing. To make the dressing, combine the 2 1/2 cups brown sugar, 1/3 cup Franks Hot Sauce, and 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar in a pot. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly. Let boil for one minute, but no longer! If you boil too long it will turn hard. When the chicken is done dip into sticky sauce and place on a plate. To serve, place sliced strips on top of salad with any additional toppings (cheese, croutons, tomatoes, craisins, etc.) and drench in ranch dressing. Save the additional sticky dressing as an extra topping for the salad…it adds a little more tang! Enjoy!

Photobucket

1. T

I’m copying this… telling myself it MUST be healthy if it’s a SALAD!

Shhh… I like my little fantasy world – I’m happy here :)

2. Megan

Yay! Post more recipes from western/Utah restaurants…I’m out in Arkansas and we talk about how good winger’s is all the time! I’m definitely going to try this out!

3. damselindisdress

how spicy is it? That’s a lot of hot sauce, it seems.

Not spicy. Well, hardly. Look how much brown sugar is mixed in! Also, according to the chick I got this recipe from…Frank’s Hot Sauce is a must (as far as what brand to use).

5. Suzi

Stopping in from SITS! That meal looks very tasty!

I cant wait to make this I LOVE that salad! Nice job sista!!

7. KT

You should try Greggs ranch from Costco. It’s in the fridge section by the milk, and tastes like restaurant ranch to me:) Thanks for this recipe!

8. Anonymous

I love this salad! This blog is awesome too!

9. Miriam

This sounds great! Does the Light House Ranch taste like the ranch they use at wingers? I would love to find one that does!

10. Laurelaston

Same question here…

• orsoshesays

I personally don’t think its that spicy.  Maybe it would be “medium,” as opposed to mild or hot.  It makes plenty of sauce, there will be some left over, it’s great for drizzling extra over the salad for those who want more.  The brown sugar helps ease the spice too.

11. CIndeelou

So delicious!  Had plenty of chicken left so I froze it.  The sticky chicken bites made a great late night appetizer.  :)

• cindeelou

Haha…appetizer?  Maybe I should say snack.  😛

• orsoshesays

Oh, good!  Glad you liked it.  I love the idea of freezing it…this chicken is pretty addicting, I would love to have some stored away for easy heating/eating.  Thanks for taking the time to comment :)

12. Brenda Horrocks

Great minds think alike…I LOVE this salad as well. So happy to find this recipe today! You always seem to have just what I need…can you read minds?