Fonts are so fun. You can use them for a whole array of things…cards, digital scrapbooking, typing ANYTHING, stencils for craft projects, invitations, signs, etc. I love cute fonts and I
especially love ones that are free! Check out some of these available to download…
There are several web sites that offer free downloads of fonts, but here are 3 I like:
Okay, so once you decide on a font you want to have, follow these steps: (for Windows)
1. Click “download”…you may need to choose whether you are using Windows or a Mac.
2. When it’s done it should open up as a “zip file”…which needs to be unzipped onto your computer. So, you usually click “extract” to unzip it.
3. It will likely ask you where to save it to. I usually just send it to the “desktop”.
4. Go to the Start Menu and open the “Control Panel”.
5. Find the “Fonts” folder. If you can’t see it, try clicking “Switch to Classic View”. You should see it there. Open the folder.
6. In the folder, you will see all the files for the different fonts you have. Minimize (don’t close) the screen and go back to your desktop.
7. Drag your unzipped fonts that you saved to your desktop down to the bottom of the screen where your fonts folder is minimized. It should open it up. Then drop the new font files on the page. (Or you can cut and paste)
If you have a Mac, click here for instructions.
That’s it! Your programs that use fonts should be updated with your new picks! It might sound a little complicated, but it’s REALLY not and you will be able to do it soooo quickly after you do it once! Good luck!