- 1/4 pound butter
- 2/3 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Heat oven to 375.
- Grease a 8" square pan.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sugar.
- Quickly add the eggs and beat until well blended.
- Combine buttermilk with baking soda and stir into mixture in pan.
- Stir in cornmeal, flour, and salt until well prepared pan.
- Bake in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- 4 cups biscuit baking mix
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- melted butter (to brush on top)
- parsley (dried or fresh)
- garlic salt (to sprinkle on top)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine the baking mix, cheddar cheese, and garlic powder. Stir in the milk.
- Drop the batter by heaping tablespoons onto a prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Brush biscuits with melted butter and sprinkle with parsley and garlic salt.
- Bake for 5 more minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom.