- 2 cups flour
- 4 TBS sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 TBS unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- Heat your oven to 200 degrees (to keep your cooked pancakes warm).
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the buttermilk, melted butter, and egg together.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, pour the buttermilk mixture into the well, and gently whisk together until just incorporated with a few lumps remaining (don't overmix.)
- Heat your skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes before pouring your batter in.
- Brush the bottom of the pan with a thin layer of oil.
- Cook pancakes until golden brown on both sides.