So, I can’t even tell you what a bizarre, enlightening, and disheartening past couple weeks I’ve had. (Actually, I WILL tell you, soon.) It has taken everything I’ve had just to keep up with this blog. Despite life calming down again, I’m still in “one of those moods,” you know the kind where I just can’t hold my thoughts inside, and I just have to spew them in a blog post? Kinda like, “Common Sense, Kindness, and Human Vultures,” and “Would You Rather Be a “Supermom” or a REAL Super Mom?” Gear up for an upcoming rant post…it is in the works. Consider this Corn Casserole post the ‘calm before the storm.’ Are you scared?? Stay tuned. 🙂
Alrighty-o. I’ve had a thing for corn, lately. It’s so sexy, how could you not? (I recently shared the recipe for Creamed Corn with Bacon.) And, I’ve ALWAYS had a thing for southern food, so I like to frequent the recipe archives of Paula Deen, the food queen of the south. My last recipe was one of hers too, Gorilla Bread. But, today…it’s Corn Casserole. A super easy blend of cornbread and corn. And, I mean EASY…like dump a can, dump a can…easy.
To make the Corn Casserole, you need: 1 can whole corn, 1 can cream style corn, 1 package corn muffin mix (8 oz.), 1 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup butter, and about a cup and a half of shredded Cheddar.
Scrape into a sprayed 9×13 dish and bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Pull it out of the oven and sprinkle the cheddar cheese all over the top. Put back in the oven for about 5 to 10 minutes, until all the cheese melts. That’s it!
* For a little more something, I decided to add about a teaspoon of garlic salt and maybe 1/4 tsp of pepper. But, that’s just me.
I must say this was a hard dish to photograph…it just doesn’t look that appealing, from any angle. But, it’s not looks that count, right?
So, I figured if I placed it next to some foods that really look tasty, it might rub off on the Corn Casserole, cause it really is yummy! Hope it worked.
- 1 can (15 oz.) whole corn, drained
- 1 can cream style corn
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. of corn muffin mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, dump the corn, cream style corn, muffin mix, sour cream, and butter. Stir together. Scrap into a sprayed 9x14 dish and bake for 45 minutes, or until golden.
- Pull out of the oven and sprinkle the cheese all over.
- Return to oven for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, or until all the cheese melts.
- Serve warm.