Hi! I’m Elle, the creator of the blog ElleSees. I blog about attainable beauty, style, and DIY. I give tips on how to create style for less, beauty advice, and I recreate celeb hair/beauty…all on a drugstore budget.
Travel Beauty Hacks
There is simply no need to pack so many beauty products, especially with carry on restrictions, when traveling. Save that space in your bag for more important items, like
clothes souvenirs! I love when I can use an item for more than one thing; check out my favorite travel beauty hacks below:
Lemon Sugar Scrub
The tip pictured above is my favorite travel hack–it’s an instant skin refresher. I use it on the plane or in my hotel room when my skin just feels gross after being exposed to dry airplane air or smoggy cities.
- Ask the flight attendant for some lemon slices (a half a lemon is better, but lemons are usually pre-sliced on planes) and a packet of sugar. Take these and head to the bathroom.
- Mix the sugar and lemon juice together and use a scrub on your face. This works on your lips as well (place scrub on your toothbrush and brush your lips).
- Rinse off and you’ll feel instantly refreshed! This tip can be used in your hotel room (hit up the hotel’s bar/restaurant) or on the go (I’ve used this hack in a restaurant bathroom while out sight-seeing).
Mini Zit Kit
Why oh why must zits pop up when traveling? Stress, different food, the air around you or hormones can exasperate skin. Use these hacks to help alleviate zits:
- If you have aspirin in your bag (not Tylenol) crush a couple (use the glass in your hotel room, for example) and add a few drops of water to make a paste. Dab on zits, leave overnight, and rinse away in the morning. Bonus hack: this can also be used as a scrub!
- If your zit has popped, squirt some Visine onto a cotton ball/tissue and dab onto the zit. The zit will shrink and the redness will be gone. Cover with a skin-matching (don’t use concealer…we don’t want to highlight your zit) cover up.
Eliminate Puffy Eyes
Had a late night out? Didn’t sleep well? Whatever the reason, I’ve got some hacks to get rid of puffy eyes.
- Raid the mini bar–pour iced tea on cotton pads and leave on eyes 20 min. to relieve tired eyes.
- Only have 5 min? Rub an ice cube around eyes to get rid of bags.
Leave your diffuser at home!
- Put a thin sock (like a dress sock) over the nozzle of your hair dryer and dry hair as usual.
Use that bottle of tea from the mini bar again!
- After shampooing hair, pour tea on your hair to make it shiny. Rinse out.
- This stuff can be a lifesaver when traveling! Baby powder works too, but only on lighter hair. I recommend Salon Grafix for darker hair.
These permanently stay in my carry on. See why below:
- Sometimes hand sanitizer just doesn’t make me feel clean enough. I scrub my hands with a wipe and then sanitize!
- Use as a makeup remover (it’s the same stuff as those wipes you’re using)
- Use to get rid of deodorant stains (see additional ways here).
- Long flight/drive? Baby wipes are lifesavers when you need some freshening up.
- Use it instead of shaving cream to shave your legs.
- Add 2 tbsp conditioner to a spray bottle, fill with water, and shake for aninstant detangler.
- Rub on heels to prevent blisters.
- Helps with a stubborn zipper
- Tames unruly eyebrows
- Instant moisturizer for elbows or knees
- Eye makeup remover in a pinch
- Can also be used as shaving lotion.
- Use the tiniest bit as a defrizzer if you’re in a jam.
What are your fave beauty hacks?