My husband is not a super hero, he is not royalty, he is not a rocket scientist. He is a great father who is devoted to his family, he does make his fair share of mistakes but he does learn from them. He is not afraid to admit that he is wrong or pulled a dummy moment. But he does strive to be a better man everyday and because of that I am grateful. I know that I am not perfect, in fact, half the time I have no clue what I’m talking about, but I do the research & figure out what works best for our personalities.
My husband loves me & our children & is willing to do whatever it takes to keep us safe & make us happy. He works 14 long hours a day to ensure our well being& our lifestyle . We miss him like crazy while he is working and count down the hours until he walks in the door. Even after such long shifts, he greets us lovingly & warmly. My husband is a wonderful husband to our two children under two. I could go on for days about what a great catch I got when I married him, but I don’t want to brag too much. I am a lucky woman and my children are lucky to have a daddy that works long days & is still willing to come home & horse around with them.
When I asked him what he thought some awesome daddy’s day gifts would be, he gave me a weird look. He said he didn’t need anything other than what he already has. I explained to him why I quizzing him. Things got interesting after that. Here is his list of cool daddy gifts, we hope this helps:
1. Anything from Crutchfield catalog. It’s high tech, but it brings out the teenage boy out of your man. It’s like walking down memory lane back to when he got his first car & searched over each page looking for the best sound system for his car. Crutchfield catalogs are filled with pages upon pages of state of the art electronics. They have a huge selection of the latest neat stuff. In addition, their customer service is top notch, super helpful! Their delivery times are exceptionally speedy! You really can’t go wrong with this idea, no matter what your budget might be.
2. This is a cheesy one, but close to my heart & my husbands. We lived in a town north of Atlanta, a beautiful city called Acworth. It was a great community, still is! We bought our first house there, the home that we brought our children home from the hospital into. As a parting gift to the city and as a memory to us, we had a stone memorialized with our names on it. You can see it while walking in the park, engraved in a stone brick. We were a part of that wonderful lake city. What a great fathers day shout out to the father in your life that could be. Call your favorite city or state park & inquire about personalized bricks.
3. My husbands others mistress is golf. He loves it. If he could make a living at playing it, he would, but alas, he can’t. So to respect his man time, I buy him the tokens for his favorite golf courses driving range. Put his golf bag into his trunk (if it’s not already there) & hand him money to buy some refreshments on the course and the tokens for the balls. Next put him out the door with instructions on how to spend his afternoon/ morning. He goes to the driving range. He gets a little exercise in, some time in the sun & has some him time. He comes home stinky, sweaty, slightly drunk, but he’s a happy husband.
4. Okay the best gift we ever received was Sirius radio. Our friend bought us each one for Christmas with a subscription. You mean we wouldn’t have to listen to commercials on drive in to work? Perfect! Sign us up!! Ladies, if the man in your life doesn’t already own this gem, buy it now. The radios are not expensive to purchase & the monthly subscription fees are not too hard on the pocketbook. And best of all, they are easy to install & set up. And great if you spend any time in traffic because they have a sports channel, so he can get all of his sports info without having to watch ESPN for the latest breaking story. So if you had to call it a gift for him, you really should consider it a gift for yourself too. Because I personally hate ESPN. No offense to ESPN.
5. Men won’t ask for it, but you know that they need it, just as much as you need your spa time. Book your guy time at a spa, but do it secretly, so go ahead and book both of you for a spa day. A couples spa message, mani pedi, and maybe a facial. I remember the first time I took my hubs to get his eyebrows waxed, lol. I can’t tell you the whole story, but some of you can relate. Pamper your guy, he deserves and so do you! He won’t ever ask for it, but trust me, the guys love to pampered just as much as we do. Make your man feel good about himself. A pampered man is a happy husband, we all need to feel sexy. Lol…besides, it’s good for his self esteem.
6. I am a city girl. I don’t like camping because I can’t rearrange mother nature or the bugs. However, I married a rugged man from Colorado who loves to camp. His perfect night, is spent looking up at the stars & falling asleep in a tent. Yikes, to me. Anything below a three star hotel is my version of camping. I’m not a snob, just different from him. So in honor of his homage to the nights under the stars, is to call up his buddies who are like him. And let them know that they permission to have my guy for the weekend or week. Trust me, he will come back to the home smelling foul. But his soul & respect for you will have grown. Ladies, do yourself & your husband a great justice & let the man out of the house so that he can be a man & be a better father to your children. Let’s face it, we all need a break from ourselves & our hectic lives. So what, you will have to do his stinky laundry, he’ll make it up to you.
Ladies, remember you don’t have to spend a lot of money to make your guy feel better. Whatever, you come up with I’m sure he will love the thought & time you put into.
Happy fathers day everyone!
~ The Marroquins