Mushroom and Herb Quinoa
Recipe adapted from Quinoa: The Everyday Superfood
1 tbsp butter
3 green onions, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp fresh oregano
3/4 cup quinoa
1 3/4 cups stock (chicken, beef or vegetable)
1/4 cup white wine
fresh ground pepper, to taste
1 1/2 cups button mushrooms, cut into quarters
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 cup fresh parmesan
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the onions, garlic and oregano and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the quinoa and stir to coat it in the butter.
- Add the stock and wine, and bring it to a boil. Then reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes, or until the stock is mostly absorbed.
- At this time, add the mushrooms and cook for about 15 more minutes, or until all the moisture has been absorbed.
- Right before serving, stir in the parmesan cheese and parsley.