I have definitely been on a strawberry kick this last month. I just can’t seem to get enough of them! Anything and everything strawberry is just calling my name! What I’ve really been craving is some chocolate dipped strawberries! Valentine’s Day is coming up…I’ll have to start dropping some “very subtle” hints.:)
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 loaf (about 12-14 oz.) pound cake, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, grated
- extra strawberries & chocolate for garnish
- In a large bowl toss the strawberries with 1/2 cup of sugar, set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese, orange juice and remaining sugar until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream; set aside.
- Drain the strawberries, reserving juice, set the berries aside. Gently toss cake cubes with reserved juice.
- Place half of the cake cubes into the bottom of your trifle bowl. Top with 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture, half of the strawberries and half of the grated chocolate. Repeat layers.
- Top with reamining cream cheese mixture.
- Garnish with strawberries and grated chocolate.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours. (I think it's even better the next day!)
- Yield: 14-16 servings