Aaliyah, born 6/06, is an African American/Caucasian little girl with a great smile and a vivid imagination. She has a strong and sassy personality and does not let having an oxygen tube or being fed through a GJ tube hold her back. Aaliyah is home schooled and loves that a teacher comes to see her in her home. She enjoys coloring, writing the letter “A” and using her safety scissors. Aaliyah also loves Dora the Explorer, dancing, playing with her baby dolls and her princess bed. She needs a loving, patient and committed adoptive family who understands her need for ongoing medical attention as well as her need to be home schooled. For more information on adopting Aaliyah. visit her page on Adoption.com.
The latest & greatest adoption articles:
- My 5 Year Old’s Date with his Birth Mom, by Lindsey Redfern – In an effort to keep the unique relationship that her son has with his birth mother strong while he is young, this adoptive mom arranged for them to go out on a fun playdate.
- Michael Oher, Adopted Family Celebrate Super Bowl Victory from ABC News – His story has been documented on the silver screen in The Blind Side. Now he can add Super Bowl champ to his accomplishments.
- Adopted Quarterback Colin Kaepernick Says He Already Won By Bristol Palin – The adoption story of San Fransico 49er’s quarterback. He told Dan Marino of CBS that being adopted was “the greatest blessing of my entire life.”
- Lessons Learned from being a Birthmom from BirthmomBuds – What this birthmother has learned about life and adoption since placing her child for adoption.
- Woman Finds Birth Mother through Viral Facebook Photo from ABC News – She seems to have started a movement on how to reunite with birth families through sharing a photo on Facebook.
- As always, lots of great articles and resources shared at the ‘Or so she says…’ Adoption & Foster Care Page!
Adoption & Foster care news & events:
- Bill takes step toward enforcement of open adoption agreements – The Salt Lake Tribune
- Blessings in a Basket Retreat and Charity 5K – Happening in Utah this April. The retreat is for birth mothers and the 5K is for anyone who’s like to support them.
- Mariel (‘Or so she says…’) will be hosting a table at the annual Utah Foster Care Foundation Fund Raising Breakfast this coming May. If you are interested in using your influence to advocate for foster care children and/or donate money to the foundation, please contact Mariel at email@example.com to reserve a spot at her table. Space is limited.