It’s official! Covenant Adoption in Utah has officially opened their doors. Check out Covenant Adoption on Facebook for more information.
The adoption spotlights of the month:
A talented teen from Utah, Aubrey loves to sing and dance. She is also great at drawing! People describe her as bright, caring and friendly. Valuing her relationships with others, she is outgoing and makes friends easily. Aubrey is always well-dressed, often in clothing she has modified or designed herself! This lass is attending the tenth grade and works hard in school. She benefits from counseling, which will need to continue after placement. Aubrey is in need of a loving family who will provide her with care, support and structure. If your family is interested in this young woman, we urge you to inquire. Financial assistance may be available for adoption-related costs. For Utah children only homestudied families from all states are encouraged to inquire.
For more information on adopting Aubrey, visit her page.
With a kind and friendly personality, Zack, makes friends easily and enjoys spending time in the company of others. He is an active young man who enjoys most sports and being outside. Basketball, soccer, baseball and skiing top his list of favorite activities. A seventh grader this year, Zack does well in school. He is currently attending counseling, which will need to continue after placement. Zack is in need of a loving and stable family. If your family is interested in this positive and resilient kiddo, we urge you to inquire. Financial assistance may be available for adoption-related services. Utah.
For more information on adopting Zack, visit his page.
The latest & greatest adoption articles:
- Infertility Panel Corrects Adoption Myths, by Lindsey Redfern – Women in all stages of their infertility journey talk about their path to motherhood, including adoption. Common adoption myths are corrected.
- We Found Our Son in the Subway from The New York Times – The true story of a family who found their son literally in the subway.
- Adoptive mom’s ‘newborn’ photoshoot with 13-year-old son from Today – Adopted as an older child, Latrell expressed to his adoptive mom that he wished he had newborn photos of himself so his photographer mother recreated them. Hysterical and touching!
- What I want you to know about being a potential birthmom and backing out of the adoption plan by Kristen Howerton – What this mother wants you to know about her decision to change her mind about placing her child for adoption.
- Unadoptable is unacceptable from Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption – This video, released to highlight the positive findings of the Foundation’s five-year research evaluation of its Wendy’s Wonderful Kids program, shows that the program works.
- For even more great info on adoption and foster care, check out the Adoption & Foster Care page right here on OSSS
Adoption & Foster care news & events: