The mall is trouble for me – not because of the shopping but because I love all the treats there! And the cinnamon rolls at the mall are one of my biggest weaknesses. They smell like buttery, sugary, carby Heaven, and they taste even better.
These cinnamon rolls have all of the gooey, buttery, cinnamon goodness and are topped with a rich cream cheese frosting. So, you get all of the cinnamon roll deliciousness without the hassle of a trip to the mall.
Giant Cinnamon Rolls
1 c. warm milk (about 110 F)
2 ½ tsp. active dry yeast
1/3 c. granulated sugar, divided
1/4 c. butter, melted
4-4 ½ c. bread flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 ¼ c. brown sugar, packed
1/4 c. granulated sugar
3 T. ground cinnamon
1/4 c. butter, melted
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or in a large bowl if mixing my hand), stir together the milk, yeast, and sugar.
- Let the yeast mixture stand for 5-10 minutes, or until foamy.
- Add the remaining roll ingredients, and stir until dough comes together.
- Once the dough comes together, switch to the dough hook (if using the stand mixer), and knead for 5 minutes (or about 8-10 minutes by hand).
- Put dough into a lightly greased bowl, turning to coat.
- Cover, and let dough rise until doubled in size, about 1-1 1/2 hours.
- Toward the end of the rising time, prepare the filling.
- In a small bowl, stir together sugars and cinnamon.
- In a separate small bowl, stir together butter and vanilla extract.
- Once the dough has risen, roll dough into a 16×21-inch rectangle.
- Brush butter mixture over dough, and then sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture evenly over dough.
- Roll dough up tightly lengthwise, and cut into 12 rolls.
- Place rolls cut side up in a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Cover, and let rise until just about doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Toward the end of the second rising, preheat oven to 400 F.
- Uncover rolls and bake for about 15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- While rolls are baking, prepare the frosting.
- In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, milk, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Let rolls cool for about 5-10 minutes, or until warm but not hot.
- Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving.
adapted from allrecipes.com
This post sponsored by:
Beau Coup ~ Super cute favors for every party!
Free Shipping for orders over $75 (code:SHIP2U75)