The adoption spotlights July 2013:
Quite possibly Justin Bieber’s biggest fan, Alisia enjoys listening to and singing along with all sorts of music. This creative teen also loves to choreograph dance moves and perform them for others to see. Her beautiful smile and outgoing, charming personality often draw others to her. Playing games and reading books are some of Alisia’s other favorite activities. Having one-on-one time with adults and helping people make her happy.
Alisia is currently in the ninth grade. She attends counseling, which will need to continue after placement.
If your family is interested in this animated and lively young woman, we urge you to inquire. Alisia dreams of having a family. Her caseworker feels that she would do best in a loving and supportive home. Financial assistance may be available for adoption-related services.
For more information on adopting Alisha, visit her page.
Preston is very polite young man who likes to please others and knows how to have fun. He has a wide range of interests that include cooking, art, acting, kickball, singing, animals, laser tag, listening to music, and dancing. Not only is he happy watching and playing basketball and football, but he also enjoys science experiments. His favorite artist is Rihanna, he thrives on Italian and Mexican food, and his favorite color is blue. With a love of helping others, he has set his sights on becoming a therapist, a caseworker, or a Special Education teacher. Preston is ready and waiting for a forever family he can call his own!
An eleventh grader, he benefits from an IEP (Individualized Education Plan). He is in counseling, which will need to continue after placement.
A positive, stable and loving home where trusting relationships can be developed is what Preston is searching for. If you could be a part of this fun teen’s forever family, we urge you to inquire. Financial assistance may be available for adoption-related services.
For more information on adopting Preston, visit his page.
The latest & greatest adoption articles:
- Smart Phones Helping to Make Open Adoptions Rock, by Lindsey Redfern – How smart phones are making it easier than ever for adoptive parents to keep their open adoption agreements.
- How Our Son’s Birth Parents Answered Our Open Adoption Prayers from America Adopts! – A religious family identifies the miracles that took place to bring together two families through open adoption.
- Placing a Child for Adoption from Walking Forward – A birth mother shares her story of placing her child for adoption in a closed adoption.
- Superman-A Case Supporting Open Adoption by Adoption of a Child – What this adoptive father learned and appreciated about open adoption from watching Man of Steel. [spoilers]
- What I want you to know about being a foster momma from Rage Against the Minivan – What this foster mom wants everyone to know about being a foster mom. She reminds us to live in today.