Happy November to y’all at Or so she says
I’m in a bit of denial this year about the Holidays… what happened? A whole year gone.
It’s time to get in the swing of it and what better way than to get some Holiday Baking going on in the kitchen?
This Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is perfect for all of the Holidays!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups pumpkin (1 large can of Libby's)
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. allspice
- ½ tsp. cloves
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup oil
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese
- 1 cube butter (1/2 cup)
- Beat at room temperature, then add
- 2½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Coat with cooking spray a half sheet pan.
- Beat eggs, add pumpkin, all spices, oil, vanilla; mix.
- Add all other ingredients and mix.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Let cake cool then frost.
Wether you need a yummy dessert for Thanksgiving or Christmas and New Years this cake is the perfect addition to any gathering!
While we’re thinking of mouth-watering Holiday Baking, here are a few others recipes for you to enjoy…
I hope these recipes inspire some delicious Holiday Baking in your kitchens.
May the holidays be a wonderful time for you and your families… I just love this time of year!