Hi to all of my friends at Or so she says , it’s Ruthie from What’s Cooking with Ruthie.
I’m SO excited to be back this month to share another yummy with y’all! I love to make delicious soups but I especially love it in the winter time! Do you love butternut squash? I do, but sometimes it’s hard to cut it all up when you’re in a hurry. I found some awesome frozen butternut squash at the grocery store and it makes this soup lickity-split to throw together!
Butternut Squash Soup is the perfect recipe to keep you warm and cozy this winter!
- 6 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups frozen peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 3 cups water
- 4 cubes chicken bouillon
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) packages neufchatel cream cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in olive oil until tender.
- Add squash, water, bouillon, marjoram, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to boil; cook 20 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Puree squash and cream cheese in a blender or food processor in batches until smooth.
- Return to saucepan, and heat through.
- Don't boil.
Here are a couple of other yummy soups that are made in the Slow Cooker… which is perfect for those busy days!
Thank you so much for letting me visit each month… I love sharing delicious recipes with y’all.
I hope these savory soup ideas keep you snuggly-warm this winter!