It makes sense that chocolate peanut clusters would be easy to make, but I think I never realized just HOW easy they are to make! I’m talking, it takes 3 minutes to prepare, 3 minutes to drop in clumps on wax paper, and 5 seconds to stick in the fridge. So, if you have 6 minutes and 5 seconds to spare, you could easily make peanut clusters.
This Chocolate Peanut Clusters recipe comes from the Hershey’s cookbook…
Chocolate Peanut Clusters:
Serving size: Makes 15 - 20 clusters
- ½ cup Hershey's milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips (or Special Dark)
- 1 TBS shortening (don't use butter, margarine, or oil)
- 1 cup roasted peanuts (I like salted, but original recipe calls for unsalted)
- Add chocolate chips and shortening to small microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave in 30 second increments, stir, and then microwave again, until melted and smooth.
- Stir in peanuts.
- Drop small spoonfuls of mixture onto a sheet pan, covered in wax paper.
- Place in fridge for about an hour, until firm.
- Store in in cool, dry place.