If I had to pick a favorite meal of the day, and dessert wasn’t an option, I would have to say breakfast. Most of my favorite recipes all fit in the breakfast category: Biscuits and Sausage Gravy, Buttermilk Pancakes, Cinnamon Rolls, Breakfast Fajitas, Butterscotch Bread Pudding… I could go on and on. I’m excited to add another new favorite breakfast recipe to my binder, Southwestern Breakfast Bake. Mmmmm! It was gooooood. I love the combo of everything in this dish… English muffins, sausage, green chilies, eggs, cheese… It’s super easy to make and can be refrigerated uncooked overnight, or baked immediately.
Serve this with some fresh fruit or a smoothie, and you’ve got one killer breakfast! If you want a personal recommendation, my family LOVES this Orange Julius recipe that I make: Orange Julius.
Southwestern Breakfast Bake
Serving size: 8
- 4 English Muffins, split
- 1 lb. pork sausage
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup canned chopped green chilies
- Softened Butter, to spread on muffins
- Spread butter on each muffin half and place buttered side up in a 9x13 baking dish, coated in cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium pan, cook sausage until done, drain. (I like to use the Hormel sausage rolls)
- Spoon sausage over each muffin half.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and sour cream. Pour over the sausage.
- Sprinkle cheese and chilies on top.
- Refrigerate overnight, or bake immediately. 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until fork comes out clean.