Melted white chocolate is blended into cream cheese and lightened up with fresh whipped cream in this effortless, delicious fruit dip! You’ll never go back to regular dips after trying this white chocolate cheesecake fruit dip!
Hi, friends! It’s Samantha from Five Heart Home and I’m so glad to be back visiting Or So She Says this month with another fun recipe! I hope that everyone is having a great April and finally enjoying some spring weather.
Today I brought by one of my favorite recent creations: a creamy fruit dip that boasts the flavor of white chocolate cheesecake! It’s the perfect accompaniment to fresh berries, apple slices, pineapple wedges, you name it! Although it’s so good you may find yourself bypassing the fruit and sneaking bites with a spoon…hypothetically speaking, of course.
I love fruit dip for a variety of reasons. First off, with fresh fruit dippers, it can pass as a relatively healthy dessert. Fruit dip is also universally popular with kids and adults. And finally, it’s one of those things that’s quick and easy to make, meaning that it’s a great addition to a party buffet or contribution to a potluck or get-together.
When I’m asked to bring food to a gathering, I always want to make something homemade, but I don’t necessarily have a lot of extra time in my schedule, so any recipe that’s effortless and tasty is a winner in my book! And on top of that, who’s going to argue the fact that the fruit component has actual nutritive value?!
This white chocolate cheesecake fruit dip is a spin-off of one of my favorite springtime dessert recipes that happens to include a layer of white chocolate cream. In the process of perfecting that recipe, I tried different variations of the white chocolate cream, resulting in several leftover batches before deciding on the best version. Delicious as it was, I couldn’t figure out what to do with all of it until it occurred to me that it would make a mouthwatering dip for fruit. So today’s recipe is a happy consequence of those leftovers, slightly adapted to have a thicker, more dip-like consistency.
Tangy cream cheese and sweet white chocolate enjoy the perfect partnership in this fruit dip, and a bit of fresh whipped cream is added to lighten things up. It comes together in a matter of minutes and then thickens up after hanging out in the refrigerator for awhile. Seriously, the most time consuming part of this recipe is washing all of the fruit!
The next time you need a sweet snack for a get-together, I hope you’ll consider making this White Chocolate Cheesecake Fruit Dip! It’s my new go-to fruit dip, and I can’t wait to make it all spring and summer long.
- ¼ cup milk
- 4 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature (very important!)
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Fresh fruit (berries, apple slices, pineapple wedges, kiwi fruit, etc.)
- Heat milk until hot but not boiling. Whisk in white chocolate until melted and totally smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar into cream cheese. Mix the white chocolate mixture into the cream cheese mixture.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the heavy cream and vanilla until soft (not stiff) peaks form. Gently fold this whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hours (to overnight). Serve with fresh fruit dippers, and/or vanilla wafers, graham crackers, etc.
Thanks for having me again today, Mariel and Or So She Says readers! I’d love to have you stop by Five Heart Home sometime to check out more of my Easter and springtime recipes! Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Ham