We would love for you and your family to participate in the 12 Days of Christmas Family Fun… it’s so easy (and super fun!)
The easiest instructions, ever…
1. Print off as many sheets of Theme Tags as you have children participating. There are two sheets needed for each child, days 1-6 and days 7-12. See and print below.
2. Each day, for 12 days in December, leave a small gift with the corresponding tag, announcing the theme for the day attached, next to their bed, for them to find when they wake up. (The gifts can be a small piece of candy, dollar store prize, or whatever. Or, it can just be the tag, no gift. You choose!)
3. Throughout the day, do activities related to the theme for the day!! You can come up with your own ideas or if you want some suggestions, just stop by the blog for our round-ups of super cute and simple ideas related to the theme. The ideas will be released daily on the blog, December 1st through December 12th, in the announced order. If you share any pics, use hashtags #12daysofchristmasfamilyfun, so we can see the fun that you and your family came up with!
Today is DAY 3 and the theme is STARS.
Here are our suggested Christmas star crafts, recipes, and activities! Have fun and see you back here tomorrow for the new theme’s ideas.
1. Have the little ones wrap stars with yarn, cut out from cardstock or wood (Idea from The Inspired Treehouse.)
2. Have the kids help dip star-shaped pretzels to give to neighbors! (Idea from i Save A to Z)
3. With some popsicle sticks, beads, glue, and puff paint, the kids will have a ball making these star ornaments. (Idea from Powerful Mothering)
4. Do a little math Christmas math game with a Christmas tree and pom-poms! (Idea on Rockabye Butterfly)
5. My kids love Jell-O Jigglers! Make them star shaped with a cookie cutter. (Recipe from Kraft)
6. Using toothpicks and marshmallows, let the kids practice creating the star constellations! (See idea on Artsy Momma)
7. Watch this favorite Christmas movie, Veggietales: The Star of Christmas
8. Serve up some Star Sandwiches! (Idea from Kara’s Party Ideas)
9. Teach the kids to make Chinese Throwing Stars and let them have a battle! (Idea from Lemon Squeezy Home)
10. If you have a toddler, read them this adorable Christmas book, Song of the Stars.
11. Have a Shepherd’s Night with the family. Talk about the shepherds seeing the star in the sky and enjoy some ‘shepherd’s food.’ (Idea found on Your Homebased Mom)
12. Create a Service Star to encourage good deeds throughout the month or year! (Idea from Thrive)
If you share any pics of your family taking part in the 12 Days of Christmas Family Fun, be sure to add the hashtag #12daysofchristmasfamilyfun to your captions. We would love to get a glimpse of the fun you’re having!
Besides this awesome series going on right now, OSSS also has the biggest gift idea series of the year happening, She Picks 2015! Be sure to check out all the gift ideas for everyone on your list. You can find all the ideas shared previously on Gift Idea Central.