We would love for you and your family to participate in the 12 Days of Christmas Family Fun… it’s so easy (and super fun!)
The easiest instructions, ever…
1. Print off as many sheets of Theme Tags as you have children participating. There are two sheets needed for each child, days 1-6 and days 7-12. See and print below.
2. Each day, for 12 days in December, leave a small gift with the corresponding tag, announcing the theme for the day attached, next to their bed, for them to find when they wake up. (The gifts can be a small piece of candy, dollar store prize, or whatever. Or, it can just be the tag, no gift. You choose!)
3. Throughout the day, do activities related to the theme for the day!! You can come up with your own ideas or if you want some suggestions, just stop by the blog for our round-ups of super cute and simple ideas related to the theme. The ideas will be released daily on the blog, December 1st through December 12th, in the announced order. If you share any pics, use hashtags #12daysofchristmasfamilyfun, so we can see the fun that you and your family came up with!
Today is DAY 8 and the theme is SANTA.
Here are our suggested Christmas santa crafts, recipes, and activities! Have fun and see you back here tomorrow for the new theme’s ideas.
1. Have the kids wrote their letter to Santa yet?? This printable is perfect for that! (Idea from The Chirping Moms)
2. Christmas gifts are always more fun with cute tags! Save the pop tops from dad’s Mountain Dew and let the kids make a bunch of these adorable Santa tags. (Idea from Crafty Morning)
3. Kids love having their hands traced… make it even better by having them turn it into Santa! (Idea from Someday I’ll Learn)
4. Oreo Truffles are so delicious and they’re even better when they look like Santa hats! (Idea from Endlessly Inspired)
5. How fun would it be to start the day with a Santa Pancake?? (Idea from Blue Skies Ahead)
6. Practice drawing Santa! Watch the video or follow the images on Art Hubs for Kids.
7. Put together a bunch of Hand Santa-Tizers for neighbor gifts! Deliver with a plate of cookies, mittens, or if you’re giving them to girlfriends, Christmas colored nail polish! (Idea from Kerry’s Paper Crafts)
8. Start a Secret Santa tradition with the kids! Have them fill out this questionnaire and then assign them a sibling to be a Secret Santa to, for the month. (Idea from What’s the Buzz)
9. Cuddle up and watch a fun Santa movie, like The Santa Clause!
10. Make some of Santa’s favorite Thin Mint Cookies to enjoy during the movie. Be sure to freeze some of the dough, so they will be all ready to bake on Christmas Eve for Santa! (Idea from Decor and the Dog)
11. And, speaking of cookies… have the kids decorate a cookie plate for Santa’s cookies! It’s surprisingly EASY. (Idea from A Mom’s Take)
12. Take a picture with the kids holding a sign, saying what they want for Christmas that year. I love the signs from Bragging Bags.
If you share any pics of your family taking part in the 12 Days of Christmas Family Fun, be sure to add the hashtag #12daysofchristmasfamilyfun to your captions. We would love to get a glimpse of the fun you’re having!
Besides this awesome series going on right now, OSSS also has the biggest gift idea series of the year happening, She Picks 2015! Be sure to check out all the gift ideas for everyone on your list. You can find all the ideas shared previously on Gift Idea Central.