These Bacon and Egg Breakfast Muffins are a simple breakfast that the whole family will love!
So, this recipe for Bacon and Egg Breakfast Muffins actually came from my kiddos. They learned how to make it in their cooking class, and so far it’s been one of our favorite recipes that they’ve come home with! I loved how moist and cornbread-like they were and the southwestern flavor. My kids loved that a whole egg was cooked right in the middle. Oh, and I have to love that they’re not only kid-friendly but kids can obviously make them too. They’re definitely a winner in my house and I’m excited to share the recipe with you!
Bacon and Egg Breakfast Muffins
Serves: 4 oversized muffins
- 4 oz. Bacon
- 4 Green Onion
- 1 cup Grated Cheese
- 1¼ cup Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp. Baking Soca
- ½ cup Buttermilk
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 TBS Sour Cream
- 2 TBS oil
- 5 eggs
- 1 TBS butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Cook bacon and crumble (I love Costco's frozen pre-cooked bacon!)
- Chop green onions and grate cheese
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, mix the buttermilk, salt, sour cream, oil, and 1 egg.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir together.
- Fold in the bacon, onions, and cheese.
- Place one scoop of batter in the bottom of an oversized muffin tin.
- Make a divot in the batter and crack one egg per muffin tin.
- Cover the egg with another scoop of batter.
- Brush tops of muffins with melted butter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Besides these Bacon and Egg Breakfast Muffins, my kids have also learned to make Mozzarella Sticks and Whatchamacallit Cereal Bars in their cooking class at Spoon & Spatula.
If you liked this recipe for Bacon and Egg Breakfast Muffins, check these out too!