Using ready-made ingredients and skipping the oven, this No Bake Cherry Delight is the perfect dessert to bring to your next BBQ. See how simple it is to put together by reading below!
Hello! It’s Kathy from Beyond the Chicken Coop! Summer is here and while I always think there will be time to slow down, I find I’m busier than ever. And as much as I love baking, it’s the last thing I want to do on these hot summer days. This No Bake Cherry Delight is one of my go-to desserts during the summer. I love this dessert for so many reasons; it’s fast, it’s versatile, and it’s always a favorite with everyone.
When I was a kid, my mom made this family favorite during the summer often. This recipe can easily be doubled or quadrupled. My mom has made No Bake Cherry Delight for groups of 20.
I like to make my own cherry pie filling and whipped cream from scratch, but if you are short on time or just love the convenience, you can use Cool Whip and canned pie filling. It’s all up to you. This dessert will turn out amazing no matter how you make it!
Serves: 6 servings
- 6 graham crackers
- 1 cup heavy cream plus 1 Tablespoon sugar, or 2 cups ready made whipped cream (Cool Whip)
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 cups pie cherry filling or 1 can pie cherry filling
- Place graham crackers into a zip top bag.
- Crush graham crackers with a rolling pin or with your hands
- In a separate bowl, place heavy cream and beat until soft peaks form. Mix in sugar.
- If using ready made whipped cream, add whipped cream into a bowl
- Mix in marshmallows
- In a 8 inch square baking dish, sprinkle half the graham crackers
- Put marshmallow mixture over graham crackers. Spread gently so graham crackers are covered.
- Poor cherry pie filling over top of marshmallow mixture. Spread evenly
- Sprinkle remaining graham crackers over top.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe can be doubled or tripled.
Best served cold.
Other great recipes to try from Beyond the Chicken Coop:
For more great dessert ideas that won’t heat you up, try these on OSSS: