Mini bagel pizzas are a really fun way to serve up a meal the family may otherwise be getting tired of. Try this version of pizza in the toaster oven, too, to keep that extra heat to a minimum in the kitchen this summer!
Hello! It’s Kathy from Beyond the Chicken Coop! Lunch at our house always seems to be frenzied. You would think during the summer or on weekends during the school year that lunch time would be relaxing. In reality, we are often rushing to get lunch on the table and get out the door to our next event. These mini bagel pizzas are a go-to favorite for my family.
The thing my kids love best about these pizzas is assembling their own little pizzas. I just pull out whatever I have on hand and they quickly pile on their favorites. We like pepperoni, ham, bell peppers, black olives, pineapple, green onions. The list of possible toppings is endless. Sometimes my kids just pick cheese.
These mini bagel pizzas will make you a lunch time hero!
Serves: 6 pizzas
- 6 mini bagels
- 1 Cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese, mozzarella, cheddar, or a blend
- 1 cup pepperoni slices
- 2 small bell peppers, sliced thinly
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet or spray baking sheet with a non-stick spray.
- Cut bagels in half.
- On each half spread marinara sauce, sprinkle on cheese and then layer on your favorite toppings.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
Options include pepperoni, ham, sausage, bacon, peppers, onions, olives or your favorite pizza topping.
Other great recipes from Beyond the Chicken Coop
Here’s some more pizza inspiration on OSSS: