Smooth lemon cream pasta makes a great side, but add chicken and you have yourself a full meal!
As I sit down to write this post, I’m noticing that we seem to share a lot of pasta recipes. It’s hard not to love pasta–it’s cheap, quick to prepare, and usually loved gobbled up by our kiddos while keeping complaints to a minimum. We can’t help but share another amazing pasta dish with you. Our sister-in-law, Whitney, recently shared this lemon cream pasta recipe with us and it’s definitely a keeper!
The sauce is fresh, lemony, and deliciously creamy. If you already have cooked chicken on hand, you can have dinner on the table in under 20 minutes!
The recipe is super simple, too. You’ll start by boiling your pasta in the chicken broth and spices. When the pasta is cooked all the way through, add in the cream, milk, parmesan cheese, and cooked chicken. Once that’s heated all the way through it’s ready to serve!
And if you’re lucky enough to have leftovers, they reheat wonderfully!
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 6 cups chicken broth or 6 cups water + chicken base or bouillion
- 16 oz pasta - rigatoni, penne, or any small pasta would work great here
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded or diced, cooked chicken
- In a large pot, bring broth (or water + base/bouillon) to boil. Once boiling, add in pasta, garlic powder, black pepper, lemon juice and lemon zest. Cook until noodles are tender (time will vary with type of pasta you choose) then add in cream, milk, Parmesan cheese, and cooked chicken. Continue to cook until heated through. Serve immediately.
For more great recipes, check these out: