To make apple dumplings, you will need: Cinnamon, vanilla ice cream (Breyer’s is my fave!), sugar, 2 sticks butter, 2 granny smith, vanilla, 2 tubes of crescent rolls, and 12 ounces of Mountain Dew!
Update 3/12 – I’ve had several readers tell me they like cutting the sugar down to 1 cup. I just tried it and liked it just as much! So, might as well use less sugar, right? 🙂
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 tubes crescent rolls
- 2 granny smith apples
- 12 ounces of Mountain Dew
- Vanilla ice cream
- Peel and slice your apples.
- Wrap each slice in a crescent dough triangle and place in sprayed (greased) pan.
- In a bowl, melt your butter and stir in sugar and vanilla.
- Pour over top of the wrapped apples....or spread on top with a spoon.
- Pour the Mt. Dew all around and sprinkle with Cinnamon.
- Place in 350 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes. Serve hot with ice cream!
- Update 3/12 - I've had several readers tell me they like cutting the sugar down to 1 cup. I just tried it and liked it just as much! So, might as well use less sugar, right? 🙂 Believe me, it's still plenty sweet...especially with ice cream.