I love advent calendars and this Nice List Advent Calendar is such a cute way to get the little ones behaving all month long.
‘Tis ALMOST the season for fun holiday crafts! It’s the perfect time to start thinking of new holiday traditions before getting bombarded with Christmas parties, present buying, and the hustle and bustle of December. Keep the little ones on the nice list throughout the holidays, by having them help you make this fun nice list Advent Calendar. These paper chains are so cute, and SO easy to create. All ages can get in on the fun! And, let’s be honest here… you know any incentive to get the kids behaving and being extra sweet all month long is a welcome thing. At least it is in my book!
Nice List Advent Calendar
One of my most favorite things about this Nice List Advent Calendar is how little is needed to get the tradition started. I’m all about a simple family tradition during the holidays!
Here is what you’ll need:
- Colorful paper (There’s lots of cute Christmas paper here!)
- Scissors (These scissors are great for kids!)
- Glue stick (This is such a good deal on glue sticks)
- Marker (my kids LOVE this marker set for all of their craft/art projects)
Cut your paper into strips, I made 25, because I’m going to start mine on December first.
Have the kiddos help you come up with “Nice List Activities” What would Santa want to see in our behavior this holiday season?
Nice List Activities
- Help Dad wash the car
- Do your chores without being asked
- Make a card for a family member
- Thank mom for dinner by doing the dishes
- Make cookies for a neighbor
- Share your toys with your siblings all day
- Donate a toy to a shelter
- Make someone’s bed in the morning and leave a treat on their pillow.
- Read a book to a younger sibling
- Help shovel the snow in the driveway or rake leaves
- Invite a sibling to play with you
- Help make dinner
- Make a treat for the family to share
- Give 5 sincere compliments
- Find someone at school that could use a friend
- Tell your teacher thank you at the end of the day
- Invite someone all alone to sit with you
- Draw a picture for a grandparent
- Call a relative just to say hello. Put them on FaceTime!
Then have them help you make the chain by looping each piece together.
If you do Elf On A Shelf, this is a great activity to do along with him!
These look so cute strung up on the Christmas tree, mantle or even in a child’s room. They also make a great Family Home Evening activity! So gather together and have fun creating this super easy DIY!
If you liked this DIY holiday craft, please check out www.paperwngs.com for more!
Here are some more ways to get in the spirit of Christmas:
And, some of our favorite advent and nativity products:
LEGO City Advent Calendar 60201, New 2018 Edition, Minifigures, Small Building Toys, Christmas Countdown Calendar for Kids (313 Pieces)Fisher-Price Little People Advent CalendarMelissa & Doug Countdown to Christmas Wooden Advent Calendar – Magnetic Tree, 25 MagnetsVTech Go! Go! Smart Animals Advent Calendar Amazon ExclusiveKurt Adler J3767 Wooden Nativity Advent Calendar with 24 Magnetic PieceHot Wheels Advent CalendarWillow Tree hand-painted sculpted figures, Nativity, 6-piece setFisher-Price Little People A Christmas StoryThree Kings Gifts 23 Pieces, 5-Inch The Real Life Nativity – Includes Lighted Stable, Palm Tree and Chests of Gold, Frankincense and MyrrhWillow Tree hand-painted sculpted figure, The Holy FamilyMelissa & Doug Classic Wooden Christmas Nativity Set With 4-Piece Stable and 11 Wooden FiguresLenox Holiday Nativity, Set of 7 (Holy Family, Three Kings, Angel)
Recipes, please!! (& great family ideas too.)
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.