Hi ya’ll! My name is Joy Hardin. I currently live in Italy with my husband and two boys. I am having a blast living overseas and getting to enjoy the Italian food culture! I adore food! I love cooking uncomplicated dishes, but occasionally enjoy trying more difficult recipes just for the challenge. Sometimes I succeed and sometimes I fail miserably, but it is fun trying and even more fun eating!!
People often tell me I am a good cook, but I truly don’t think I fall into the category of “good cook”. I am just a “good recipe finder”. I cannot throw ingredients together and create a fabulous original dish. To me, that is the definition of a good cook.
My food blog, The Joy of Everyday Cooking, was created in order to share my love of everyday cooking with you. I am no Martha Stewart; she is too complicated for my lifestyle. Although I am from the south, I am no Paula Deen; she uses too much butter. I am definitely no Rachel Ray; she is way too perky! I am just an ordinary girl that likes to try new foods and recipes and would like to share some of my favorites with you. (You can also find me on Facebook!)
As a follower of Christ, I occasionally weave my faith walk into my blog posts. After all, He is the Bread of Life and the only “food” that can eternally sustain us. I hope you will come along with me on this journey so you too can discover the joy of everyday cooking.
I am excited to share this yummy Mexican Dip recipe with you! I got this from a good friend when we lived in Meridian, MS. She now lives in Texas, and I am in Italy, but thanks to Facebook we can still keep in touch. Technology rocks!! I am so thankful for the friends all over the world that the Lord has brought into my life. Each new friend makes my life so much richer, and I am truly grateful!
- 2 pkg. 8 oz. cream cheese (I use ⅓ less fat)
- ¾ cup mayo (I use light)
- 3 T. taco seasoning
- 2 green onions, sliced (set aside 2 T. for topping)
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- ¾ cup salsa
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- Combine cream cheese, mayo, and seasoning until smooth.
- Set about 1 cup aside, spread the rest on bottom of serving dish and about ½ way up sides.
- Slice green onions and set aside 2 T. for top.
- Combine green onion, red bell pepper, salsa, garlic, beans, and corn.
- Spread ½ of salsa mixture over cream cheese layer.
- Repeat both layers.
- Sprinkle 2 T. green onions on top.