– Steamables: asparagus, spinach, carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, fresh green beans and peas, etc.
– Bananas; Super easy and yummy, but will brown super quick! Either add a touch of lemon or apple juice or just serve quickly. DO not freeze.
– 1 regular sized 10ish oz makes around 3 servings of baby food. If you’re paying around $.50 per can, it’s like getting 3 jars for the price of one!
– Sometimes canned is definitely easier! I buy canned sweet potatoes. The large can from Walmart costs around $1.40 and makes 10+ servings of baby food. What a deal!
– As the weather warms up, check out local farmer’s markets! The produce there is super fresh, and usually a bargain!
– Fruit and Veggie baby food lasts up to 3 days in the fridge and up to 3 months in the freezer. Make sure to label everything; not only ingredients, but dates!
– Take one afternoon and make several types of baby food in bulk. It’s great to have a nice supply on hand, and adds to convenience!
– If your baby refuses a certain food, add a little bit of that food in with another one and mix. It worked great with my baby. She wouldn’t eat carrots, but loved them mixed with peas.
Just think of all the money you could be saving!
Recipes, please!! (& great family ideas too.)
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.