Hello again! It’s Amy from The Connection We Share. Thanks for letting me join you for another month on OSSS.
Like many of you, I have thousands of photos sitting on my phone and my computer.
I’m a firm believer we need to surround ourselves with photos of the people we love.
In our home, we have large collections of photos of our family together and I also make Blurb photo books with pictures of the kids. It warms my heart to see happy pictures of my kids and helps me remember what is most important =)
Being a busy mother, it takes a lot of time and energy to put together a collection of photos to display in my home. From deciding which photos to print and in what size, to framing and hanging, the whole process takes me a good week! Yes, this can be a daunting endeavor even just thinking about it and I do this for a living as a professional photographer!
And so, I’m here to share with you the easiest way to display photos, and it’s cheap, too! This is so easy, my 3 year old did this herself with a bit of guidance!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- String or yarn
- Some sort of ‘anchor point’ for your string to hang off of. It could be a couple screws, nails, thumbtacks and even tape.
- 4×6 of your favorite photos. How many depends on whether your photos are vertical or horizontal and how much space you leave in between. I’d say a good rule of thumb is 6-8 photos per 3’.
- Some small clothes pins
How to Display 4×6 Photos
- Pick a wall where you want to display the photos.
- With a pencil, very lightly mark where you want the string to start and end.
- Place your anchor points on the wall
- Attach the string to your anchor points
- Hang your photos!
Tada! Easy, right?
I really love this method because photos can be updated easily and cheaply. I print out new 4×6’s about once every 6 months and the ones I take down go in a photo album.
If you want to take great photos of your kids, myself and other professional photographers offers a lot of photography tips to help you improve your photography skills. Feel free to stop by anytime to get ideas!