We would love for you and your family to participate in the 12 Days of Christmas Family Fun… it’s so easy (and super fun!)
The easiest instructions, ever…
1. Print off as many sheets of Theme Tags as you have children participating. There are two sheets needed for each child, days 1-6 and days 7-12. See and print below.
2. Each day, for 12 days in December, leave a small gift with the corresponding tag, announcing the theme for the day attached, next to their bed, for them to find when they wake up. (The gifts can be a small piece of candy, dollar store prize, or whatever. Or, it can just be the tag, no gift. You choose!)
3. Throughout the day, do activities related to the theme for the day!! You can come up with your own ideas or if you want some suggestions, just stop by the blog for our round-ups of super cute and simple ideas related to the theme. The ideas will be released daily on the blog, December 1st through December 12th, in the announced order. If you share any pics, use hashtags #12daysofchristmasfamilyfun, so we can see the fun that you and your family came up with!
Today is DAY 12 and the theme is WINTER.
Here are our suggested Christmas winter crafts, recipes, and activities! Have fun and see you back here tomorrow for the new theme’s ideas.
Links to Previous Days: Day 1 (Reindeer), Day 2 (Gingerbread), Day 3 (Stars), Day 4 (The Grinch), Day 5 (Snow), Day 6 (Christ), Day 7 (Peppermint), Day 8 (Santa), Day 9 (Christmas Tree), Day 10 (Elves), Day 11 (Chocolate)
1. What says winter more than a “Frozen” themed treat? These “Frozen” popcorn snowballs look delicious. (Idea from Life Made Simple Bakes)
2. This darling mitten matching game is fun and educational. (Idea from A Beautiful Ruckus)
3. This polar bear craft would be easy and fun to make. (Idea from All Free Paper Crafts)
4. Have fun inside with “don’t slip off the snowflake” game. (Idea from No Time for Flashcards)
5. These Nutter Butter polar bear cookies are almost too cute to eat. (Idea from Hungry Happenings)
6. Your kids will have so much fun making this adorable cotton ball penguin. (Idea from Glued to My Crafts Blog)
7. This book, The Mitten, is a perfect winter book to cuddle up with.
8. When life gives you snow, make snow cream! (Idea from Gimme Some Oven)
9. My son is going to go crazy for this DIY Crystal Snowflake. (Idea from Sweet and Simple Things)
10. The Polar Express is such a classic Christmas movie perfect for the whole family.
11. Help your kids make these fun Cookie Cutter Bird Feeders. (Idea from Wee Share)
12. My kids love playing I-spy and this fun printable is a perfect winter activity. (Idea from Pleasantest Thing)
If you share any pics of your family taking part in the 12 Days of Christmas Family Fun, be sure to add the hashtag #12daysofchristmasfamilyfun to your captions. We would love to get a glimpse of the fun you’re having!
Besides this awesome series going on right now, OSSS also has the biggest gift idea series of the year happening, She Picks 2015! Be sure to check out all the gift ideas for everyone on your list. You can find all the ideas shared previously on Gift Idea Central.