For the get together, we actually had 4 different trifle flavors…this peppermint, chocolate trifle, caramel gingerbread, and strawberry shortcake. For dinner we had one of my favorites, Bourbon Chicken (posted previously)…you’ll have to try that to!
- 2½ cups heavy cream
- 12 oz. real white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup peppermint candy, chopped
- 1 pkg. Jello chocolate pudding (stove top or instant, your choice)
- 1 9x13 pan of brownies (make your favorite!) (or chocolate cake)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1½ tsp. vanilla
- Make a 9x13 pan of your favorite brownies.
- To make the mousse, chop the white chocolate and place in a blender or food processor for additional pulsing.
- Heat 1 cup of the heavy cream on the stove, just to a boil.
- Pour over the white chocolate and pulse some more, until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and place the whole bowl into a larger bowl of ice water. This will help cool it quickly and thicken it up. Stir occasionally for about 15 minutes.
- Beat remaining 1 ½ cups cream to almost stiff peaks.
- Fold into the chocolate mixture, then stir in the candies.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until thickened and almost firm 4 to 6 hours.
- Let it chill for several hours. While it's chilling, the mousse will turn a lovely shade of pink...after it absorbs the candy cane and gets a good stir.
- Place in the fridge to set, let chill for several hours. The mousse will turn more pink after a few hours and a good stir. If the mousse isn't thick enough, after chilled, whip it with your hand mixer.
- Meanwhile, make the chocolate pudding.
- To assemble: break pieces of the brownie and line the bottom of your trifle dish.
- Cover with a layer of the chocolate pudding, followed by the mousse. Repeat.
- For the final layer, use some homemade whip cream (2 cups heavy cream, 1 cup powdered sugar, and 1½ tsp. vanilla...mix with hand mixer, until thick.)
- Just before serving, sprinkle with crushed candy cane.
* You know what’s better than making an awesome trifle?? Looking hot while you do it. I love this adorable Christmas apron!
* Having a Christmas party?? I love the selections of Christmas candies at Oriental Trading! It would be so fun to decorate the party table with delicious candies in different containers!
* After a long day of cooking, cleaning, and partying, it’s time to cozy up. I’m in love with these super cute and comfy pajamas!