Hello! I’m Jeanie from Create & Babble. I am back today to show you how I upcycled some tin cans into pretty storage containers. Crafters have been recycling tins cans forever, but believe it or not I never have. About time, wouldn’t you say! Pinterest is full of amazing tin can crafts and I found tons of inspiration there. Here is my version of upcycled tin cans.
This project couldn’t be easier or cheaper, and the kiddos will love helping. The only supplies needed are cans, leftover latex paint, ribbon, paper flowers and a few small, self-adhesive magnets.

The first thing I did was paint my cans with some leftover aqua paint. Before the paint was dry, I painted it again with some leftover white ceiling paint with a still-damp paint brush to give it a white-washed affect. After the paint was dry I added some pretty white ribbon along the top of each can. For more optional embellishment I added paper flowers that I layered together. I slightly curled the petals to give the flowers some dimension. Then I adhered a self-adhesive magnet to the back of each flower and put a flower on each can. I made my flowers using my Silhouette Cameo. You can get the file that I made for the flower here.

tin cans_createandbabble
These cans can be used in so many ways.
I am using mine to store craft supplies. They would be great to hold utensils for an outdoor picnic or to display fresh cut flowers. There are countless ways to use these pretty, recycled cans!

Thanks for reading and I hope to see you over at Create & Babble to see more of my “upcycled” projects like this old shutter that I almost tossed out:

spring-banner-6 (1)

New use of an old shutter

Vintage Ladder for hanging necklaces:

Jewelry Box made into Love Letter Box

Jeanie blogs at Create & Babble where you'll find plenty of crafting going on; especially with her Silhouette Cameo. Jeanie also shares her ongoing DIY home improvement projects (she's in the middle of a DIY kitchen makeover now). When she can find some free time, you'll find Jeanie pedaling her bike for miles and miles on a nearby Pennsylvania rail trail.
  1. Stephanie

These are super cute. My daughter would love some of these for her room!

2. Lauren @ The Thinking Closet

These are darling, Jeanie! I love a good upcycle. Those flowers you cut with your Cameo really make it pop. Might have to look into getting that file!

3. geezee

What a wonderful project. I love the colors you used also. I will be making some of these soon. Maybe use up some paint lying around here.

Way fun, Jeanie! Thanks!!

5. Crystal

Love it!! These tins are so cute1! Love the color and the flower!!

6. Meredith @ unOriginalMom

These are lovely! I featured them on my blog today, if you’d like to check it out!

7. Marty Walden

These look amazing! I’m sharing on my fb page today!