If you love the warming taste of cinnamon, then you’ll love these Cinnamon Puff Rolls. With just 3 ingredients, these delicately spiced rolls are super quick and easy to make and will please pastry lovers alike.
Well hellooooo my dear OSSS readers. For it is I… (Lisa from Sweet 2 Eat Baking, in case you were wondering.)
I, unfortunately, have been absent from posting here for a few months due to a few personal reasons (I won’t bore you with the details), but I’m back – hurrah!
I can’t even begin to explain how happy I am to be back posting here on OSSS, and again on my own blog too. I have missed sharing sugar-fueler desserts with you all so, so much!
And I’m back with another awesome dessert recipe for you too.
Today, I’m delivering a daily installment of Cinnamon Puff Rolls. a.k.a. Cinnamon Cigars or Cinnamon Puff Pastry Rolls. Cinnamon Cigars doesn’t sound very appetizing does it? Who’d want to eat a cigar? Eww!
Soooo… let’s talk about these Cinnamon Puff Rolls, shall we? And the awesome fact that they’re made with just 3 ingredients too.
All you need to make these rolls is just:
- Puff pastry – either homemade or store-bought,
- Ground cinnamon,
- Confectioners’ (powdered/icing) sugar.
These Cinnamon Puff Rolls are ridiculously quick and easy to make. Just a case of whisking a small amount of dry ingredients together and sprinkling over the dough, rolling the dough up, and baking – hey presto!
They’re so delicately spiced and delicious. You could even switch them up by substituting the puff pastry for Danish pastry. Using vanilla sugar inside, or and even sprinkle with rock sugar or roll in vanilla sugar straight from the oven.
Either way, they’re sure to be a huge hit with pastry lovers, and a finger-food crowd pleaser at parties.
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 25g (1oz or ¼ cup) confectioners' (icing/powdered) sugar
- 200g (7oz) puff pastry
- Line a baking sheet with baking parchment or a silicone baking mat, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cinnamon with the icing sugar. Set aside.
- Roll out the puff pastry into a neat rectangle, or if using ready-rolled puff pastry, then trim to about 20 x 30cm (8 x 12in). Cut into rectangles, each about 5 x 10cm (2 x 4in).
- Sprinkle each of the rectangles with around ½ tsp of the cinnamon sugar, then roll into a cigar shape - to explain this a little better, I rolled from the bottom left corner to the top right corner.
- Dust the rolls with the leftover cinnamon sugar and place on the prepared baking sheet, allowing 1-2-in for spreading.
- Place in the fridge to chill for at least 15-30 minutes, Meanwhile, preheat you oven to 220°C (425°F), Gas mark 7.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
- To serve, dust with some icing sugar (optional.)
Why not hop on over to my blog, Sweet 2 Eat Baking, to find more delicious desserts, including some British classics.
See you next month!
For more excellent recipes on OSSS, try these posts: