We would love for you and your family to participate in the 12 Days of Christmas Family Fun… it’s so easy (and super fun!)
The easiest instructions, ever…
1. Print off as many sheets of Theme Tags as you have children participating. There are two sheets needed for each child, days 1-6 and days 7-12. See and print below.
2. Each day, for 12 days in December, leave a small gift with the corresponding tag, announcing the theme for the day attached, next to their bed, for them to find when they wake up. (The gifts can be a small piece of candy, dollar store prize, or whatever. Or, it can just be the tag, no gift. You choose!)
3. Throughout the day, do activities related to the theme for the day!! You can come up with your own ideas or if you want some suggestions, just stop by the blog for our round-ups of super cute and simple ideas related to the theme. The ideas will be released daily on the blog, December 1st through December 12th, in the announced order.
Today is DAY 6 and the theme is CHRIST.
Here are our suggested Christ-centered crafts, recipes, and activities! Have fun and see you back here tomorrow for the new theme’s ideas.
1. Introduce your newest Christmas tradition… the White Stocking for Jesus! Shop for the perfect white stocking or let the kids embellish one to make it extra special. Read all about the tradition right here on ‘Or so she says…‘.
2. Have a special evening together with this Christmas Family Night, all planned out for you, teaching about Christ’s gifts to us and what we can give to Him.
3. Pass out candy canes and talk about how the candy canes represent our shepherd and Savior, Jesus Christ. Give everyone a bookmark about it! (Idea from My Computer is My Canvas)
4. Print off and let the kids color and play with these Nativity Christmas Finger Puppets. (Idea from Craftaholics Anonymous)
5. Celebrate Jesus’s birthday by baking Him a cake and having a little party. (Idea from Cakes by Michelle)
6. Read a wonderful Christmas children’s book, such as Room for a Little One. Such a sweet story!
7. Using popsicle sticks and brown paint, have the kids make their own stable ornaments! (Idea from Adventures of a DIY Mom)
8. Print off some Christmas Christ-centered coloring pages for the kiddos. (Found on Happy Clean Living)
10. Have the kids help make some Christ-centered ornaments to give out as neighbor gifts. I love these ones from Tidbits!
11. As a family, think of some people that you can do service for throughout the month. (I love this simple mailman gift idea from Who Arted?)
12. Plan a nativity play to perform as a family, for extended family or just for a Family Night! (Idea from Live Like You Are Rich)
If you share any pics of your family taking part in the 12 Days of Christmas Family Fun, be sure to add the hashtag #12daysofchristmasfamilyfun to your captions. We would love to get a glimpse of the fun you’re having!
Besides this awesome series going on right now, OSSS also has the biggest gift idea series of the year happening, She Picks 2015! Be sure to check out all the gift ideas for everyone on your list. You can find all the ideas shared previously on Gift Idea Central.