Hi, Becky here from Bite of Delight! I’m so excited that Fall is here, along with cooler weather, beautiful leaf colors and PUMPKIN! If you’re a pumpkin-spice-all-the-things kind of person, then you’ll love this super easy recipe for dressing up a simple pancake mix for a quick and easy Fall breakfast.
If you love the taste of Fall and homemade pancakes, but you also love the convenience of grabbing a mix out of the pantry, you can now have all of your favorite things! By adding a few extra ingredients to a “just add water” mix, you can have pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes in just minutes! One of my favorite things about these pancakes is feeling like I’m eating dessert for breakfast…without adding any extra sugar to the mix!
I use the Krusteaz brand pancake mix, but these instructions should work well for other brands as well…but since mixes can vary from brand to brand, you may need to make minor adjustments (like how much water you add, etc). This should also work for your favorite homemade pancake mix.
- 1 cup pancake mix
- ⅔ cup water (or according to package directions)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Heat griddle to medium heat (350-375 degrees).
- Whisk ingredients together, but do not overmix. Batter will be slightly lumpy. Let stand 2 minutes.
- Grease (we like to use butter!) the griddle and pour ¼ cup batter per pancake onto the griddle.
- Cook 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- *These pancakes are extra moist because of the pumpkin, so if you eat them hot off the griddle, they might seem slightly undercooked. As they cool, they will seem more done.
If you love great recipes made with mixes, be sure to check out two more of my favorites!
You need more pumpkin in your life, right?! Here are a few more recipes with one of our favorite fall flavors:
Recipes, please!! (& great family ideas too.)
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.