Oh, bonus…this meal is super quick, easy and would be perfect to serve company!
Spaghetti with Cauliflower & Cabbage
- 3/4 to 1 pound imported spaghetti
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic or 4 cloves
- 1/2 to 1 head of cooked cauliflower-ettes
- 1 cup or large handful chopped cabbage
- Chopped pancetta or ham your preference on amount
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red chili flakes
- 1/2 cup or more Parmesan cheese
In pot, bring water to a boil and cook spaghetti noodles. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, in separate large fry pan, fry the chopped ham or pancetta in a couple TBS olive oil until slightly crispy.
Add the garlic and cook a couple more minutes.
Add the cooked cauliflower pieces (microwave cooking is fine), a couple shakes of red chili flakes and salt and pepper, to taste.
When it tastes great, throw in a good handful of chopped cabbage.
Turn heat to lowest setting and add the spaghetti. Toss together.
Drizzle more olive oil on the mixture to moisten and stir in 1/2 cup or more Parmesan cheese. Serve.