- 2 - 3 chicken breasts, diced
- 3 scrambled eggs
- 2 grated carrots
- 1/2 white onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup peas
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1-2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 cups white rice (non-instant)
- soy sauce
- If you have time, marinate the chicken in soy sauce.
- Cook the chicken in a small amount of olive oil, add carrots and onions, and saute until clear. Add peas and cook until soft.
- In a separate pan, cook the rice (4 cups water and 2 tsp. salt, bring to a boil. Add 2 TBS butter, let melt. Add 2 cups white rice. Lower heat, cover and simmer about 15-25 minutes, until rice has absorbed water and is soft.)
- Scramble 3 eggs, and chop into pieces. Add the eggs and the cooked rice to the chicken mixtures. Stir.
- Melt the butter in a bowl with the garlic, pour it over the rice mixture and stir.
- Serve, topped with soy sauce.
More Chinese food recipes from the past: