I don’t crave peanut butter that often, but the other day, it happened. And, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Puddle Cups were born…do you want some? They’re awfully cute and tasty.
First, make your peanut butter cookie dough. It’s the same cookie dough that I use to make my favorite peanut butter cookies. Mix 1 cup salted butter, 1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup white sugar, 2 eggs, and 1 tsp. vanilla, until well combined.
In a separate bowl, mix together 3 cups flour, 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Dump it in the mixer with the wet ingredients and mix well. Roll the dough into small 1 inch balls and place inside a sprayed mini-muffin tin. Bake at 350 for 10 – 12 minutes, or until the edges have just a hint of a darker golden color.
Start your chocolate filling. Dump 2 cups of milk chocolate chips, 2 tsp. vanilla and 2 cans sweetened condensed milk into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for a minute, stir, microwave another minute, stir…continue until you have a smooth chocolate filling.
And, fill up the peanut butter cups with the chocolate! Sprinkle a few nuts on top and you’re done. This recipe makes about 50 of these little things…and there will be chocolate sauce left over (drizzle it on some ice cream.)
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Puddle Cups
(adapted from a Taste of Homes recipe)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- Chocolate Filling
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Peanuts, finely chopped
- Cream the wet ingredients together in a mixer (butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla).
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, and salt).
- Add the dry to the wet and mix well.
- Roll into small 1 inch balls and place into the wells of a mini-muffin tin.
- Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the edges start to golden slightly.
- Let cool for just a minute, then using a small spoon (baby spoons work great), slowly press the center of the peanut butter cup down to make a hollow well for the chocolate filling. Let cool while you make the filling.
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for about 1 minute, stir, heat for another minute, stir. Continue until you have a smooth filling.
- Fill in the wells of the peanut butter cups with the chocolate and sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Makes about 50 mini puddle cups.