These Greek Chicken Pitas are a flavorful and easy meal idea coming to you today from Leesh & Lu.
Leesh and Lu here. It’s mid February and here in Utah we are still in the dreary doldrums of winter. But, this quick and tasty chicken salad we had this week gives me hope that Spring will come. It is light and fresh and packs a serious flavor punch! I can’t get enough of this Greek flavor combo!
It also comes together super quickly so it’s great for a busy weeknight or even to change things up at lunch. It’s fabulous both warm or chilled and can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
If you plan ahead, marinate your chicken in some of the dressing + a splash of red wine vinegar for several hours before you grill them for some extra tenderness. Or if you are more like me and don’t always plan ahead, rotisserie chicken or chicken breasts from the freezer will also work great here. 🙂
PS. this Sundried Tomato dressing sold at Sprout’s is seriously the best. I love it on pasta salad, green salad, and in this salad.
Whenever we have it I want to lick my plate clean. It’s a must have in my pantry since I discovered it.
Serves: 4-6 servings
- 1 pound chicken, grilled or cooked and cut into bite size pieces
- ½-1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small tomato, diced and drained
- 1-2 cucumbers, diced
- 2-3 tablespoons red onion, finely minced
- ¾ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓-1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 can olives, sliced (optional)
- ¼ cup (plus more to taste) sun dried tomato dressing - I love Sprouts brand (or other favorite vinaigrette)
- 4-6 leaves of lettuce (optional)
- 4-6 pita pockets
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients (except lettuce and pita pockets) and toss til coated in the dressing. Fill pita with lettuce (optional) and then with the the chicken salad mixture. Enjoy!
- The chicken salad is great served warm, or made ahead and refrigerated until ready to serve.
Here are some more fresh and Springy recipes you might love: