Kathy is one of our new food contributors, and we’re so excited about these chocolate dipped pecan sandies!
Hi! I’m Kathy from Beyond the Chicken Coop. I am a new contributor here on OSSS. I am a busy working mom with three teenage kids; ages 14, 13, 13. Yep! We have one daughter and twin boys. My husband, kids and I live in the country and we raise chickens, pigs, and rabbits. We grow a large garden and have several fruit trees. We try to live off the land and make most of our meals from scratch. It’s often a challenge in our busy lives. I’m excited to share some of my recipes, kitchen tricks, gardening tips, and happenings around our little farm.
Baking is one of my favorite hobbies. I made these Chocolate Dipped Pecan Sandies and they have been a huge hit in our house! My sister and brother-in-law also gave these a two thumbs up!
These cookies are super easy to make. They aren’t like a regular cookie though. They don’t have any eggs or leavening. None! I believe this is the first cookie I’ve ever made without eggs or baking soda or baking powder. I was a little worried these would be really dense. But they aren’t at all. Just pure deliciousness!
Serves: 24 cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Place butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl..
- Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Add pecans, mix until incorporated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop 12 cookies per sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove slightly cooled cookies from baking sheet and let cool on a cooling rack.
- Once cookies are completely cooled, melt chocolate chips in the microwave. Heat for 30 seconds at a time, stirring each time until melted.
- Dip or spread chocolate onto half of the cookie. Place on a piece of parchment paper until cooled.
- If chocolate becomes too thick, just pop back in the microwave for 15-30 seconds.
For more great cookie recipes on OSSS, try these: