Need a quick and easy meal idea for this busy and sometimes chaotic time of year? This French Bread pizza will save you at dinnertime! It comes together in a flash with only a handful of ingredients–and if you’re like us, the ingredients are ones that you likely already have on hand.
To prepare your french bread pizza, start by slicing the loaf of bread in half lengthwise. Compress each half of the bread so it doesn’t soak up all the ranch dressing and get soggy. Spread both halves with your favorite ranch dressing or dip–we both really like the Hidden Valley powder mixes. Top with cheese, cooked chicken pieces (rotisserie is great here!), bacon bits, green onion, and bake until bubbly and melty. Serve immediately and watch it be devoured!
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 loaf of French Bread, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 cup +/- Ranch dressing
- 3 cups shredded cheese (We used a colby jack, sharp cheddar, and mozzarella blend)
- 2 cups diced, cooked chicken (Rotisserie chicken works great here!)
- ¼ cup bacon bits
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Compress each half of the loaf of bread--smash it down good! This will help it not to soak up the ranch dressing and become soggy. Spread about ½ cup ranch dressing, more or less depending on how saucy you like things, on each half of the french bread. Make sure to spread it all the way to the edges to prevent them from getting dry and burning.
- Top each half of the pizza with one cup of cheese, one cup of diced chicken, 2 tablespoons bacon bits, and half of the green onion. Top it off with another ½ cup shredded cheese and a few tablespoons of shredded Parmesan.
- Bake at 425 for 6-10 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Allow to cool for 3 minutes before slicing and serving.
Check out more seasonal favorites from Leesh and Lu:
For more great recipes, check these out on Or so she says: