Warm up with this roasted red pepper and sausage alfredo being shared by Leesh & Lu today!
We are resolving this year to meal plan better. Things always seems a lot less chaotic when you have a game plan for dinner before 5:00. This roasted red pepper pasta and sausage alfredo is definitely going to be showing up in the monthly rotation.
It was quick and easy to throw together and the kids loved it as much as we did! If you’ve never used roasted red peppers before, don’t let “red pepper” scare you. They are oh-so-mild bell peppers which get roasted to give them a deeper flavor. You can use the jarred variety or you can roast your own. We have a tutorial here if you want a step-by-step of the process.
For me, the Parmesan shavings totally make this dish! Both of our kids love this and especially like to dig for the “hot dogs” in their pasta dishes.
We hope you’ll give it a try!
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced into ¼ inch rounds
- 12 ounces linguini, cooked according to directions on package
- 1½ cups half and half
- 2 medium-large red bell peppers, roasted and peeled (or 1 jar roasted red peppers, drained)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped (or ½ teaspoon dried basil)
- salt and pepper to taste
- shaved Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Heat a skillet to medium-high. Brown sliced smoked sausage and drain excess grease. Remove sausage to a plate and set aside.
- Blend roasted red bell peppers with half and half and garlic powder until smooth. Pour mixture into skillet and bring to a simmer. Once the sauce is warm and bubbly add the pasta, and cooked sausage. Cook for 2 minutes or until everything is warm. Remove from heat and stir in basil. Spoon into serving bowls or plates and use a vegetable peeler to top each serving with parmesan shavings.
For more great recipes, check these out on ‘Or so she says…’: