Summer’s still in full swing, so start the day off with a cool Orange Julius!
We love a good smoothie and this Orange Julius one happens to be our new favorite! It’s creamy, bursting with orange flavor, has no added sugar, and even offers a protein boost. You don’t have to feel one bit guilty about offering this one to the kids!
It’s a perfect refreshing treat on a hot day, or fantastic served with brinner. The only thing you have to remember to do is to freeze some of the orange juice into ice cube trays several hours (or days) before you want to make it.
Using fresh-squeezed orange juice (not from concentrate) will make the orange flavor even more intense and wonderful, but we still love it with orange juice from concentrate, too. Adding the orange zest in helps with that, too.
Add it to your breakfast menu, or make it for a summer treat and come back to tell us what you think! Enjoy!
- 2 cups orange juice, frozen into cubes in an ice tray
- 1 ½ - 2 scoops (1.5 - 2 ounces) vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey (or other sweetener), to taste
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Zest of half an orange (optional)
- Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth. Serve immediately. Makes about 4, 8-ounce servings.
If you love blending your breakfast, give this green drink a try too! It sounds pretty interesting, but it is surprisingly delicious!
Get some more deliciously refreshing recipes from the OSSS archives: