Beans sweetened with brown sugar and flavored with bacon make this instant pot soup recipe a must-try! It’s a true southern dish the whole family will love.
Jana here! I’ve got a great “handed-down-for-generations” recipe for you today.
I converted it from crock pot to Instant Pot for those who love using their Instant Pots. And who doesn’t? I know I sure do! I use it frequently for roast, because lets be honest…who ever remembers to put their roast in the crock pot before church or work??!! Not me! Cooked in the Instant Pot you can have a tender, juicy roast in about 1 1/2-2 hours! Love that! I also use it a lot for potatoes and rice, and I love using it for soups as well!
This has always been called Grandmas Bean Dish in our family. My Grandma Potter, who was born and raised in Kentucky, used to make this for her family growing up and then my Mom did the same for her family & now it’s my turn.
This one has always been one of my favorites. I love the sweetness of the brown sugar paired with the beans & bacon. So delicious. And if you’re looking for more fiber in your life, this ones for you!;) Don’t be afraid of the lima beans or butter beans. The delicious butter bean got front and center in the picture above because it’s my favorite! I also really like the lima beans….and I’m not a lima bean fan, AT ALL!
Hope you enjoy it as much as our family has!
- 12 oz. bacon, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans
- 1 can (15 oz) butter beans
- 1 can (15 oz) lima beans
- 1 can (26 oz) pork and beans
- Turn Instant Pot onto saute until it reads "hot"
- Brown bacon. Remove and set aside.
- Brown ground beef and onion in bacon grease.
- Turn Instant Pot to off and drain grease.
- Add the remaining ingredients as well as the cooked bacon.
- Put on lid to Instant Pot and set it on "manual" for 15 minutes. Make sure the valve is in "Sealing" position.
- When time is up use the quick-release method by turning Instant Pot off and then turning the valve to "venting". When pressure is released your soup is ready to go!
- Serve with hot sauce, if desired and corn bread with butter & honey.
Get more recipes in these posts:
Looking for cute ways to serve up these soups?
KOVOT Set of 4 Speckled Ceramic Soup Bowls With Spoons – 22-Ounces EachKOVOT Set Of 6 Porcelain Stackable 20-Ounce BowlsCrockpot 22-ounce Double Handle Soup Bowls, Set of 4 (Tomato Red)Sweese 1108 Porcelain Fluted Bowl Set – 26 OZ Deep and Microwavable for Cereal, Soup – Set of 6, White