Did you grow up with a certain boxed version of this comfort food? Well, check out Leesh & Lu’s lighter take on beef stroganoff that’s ready in 20 minutes!
Leesh and Lu here with another fast and yummy 20 minute meal to share with you. Stroganoff is definitely a comfort food for us and something that, growing up, was in the regular dinner rotation at our house. Lu recently came up with the revamped and lightened-up version of our childhood favorite and it’s a keeper for sure! It’s a cinch to throw together and is classic comfort food at its best!
Start with some ground beef. You can use lean ground beef or you can have your butcher grind some round or flank stake for use in this recipe. Brown it with some onion, add some diced mushrooms, flour and broth and you’re almost there. Stir in the sour cream, and salt a pepper and dinner is served.
We’ve eaten this over egg noodles and over rice and love it both ways!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, (finely chopped if you want to hide them from your kids!)
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2½ cups beef broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3-4 tablespoons sour cream
- 16 ounces egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef with diced onion. When meat is almost fully cooked, add mushrooms and continue to cook until meat is fully cooked. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Sprinkle flour over mixture and continue to cook for another minute. Add beef broth and cook until thickened. Stir in salt, pepper, and sour cream. Serve over hot egg noodles or rice.
Try some more delicious recipes the whole family will love:
Recipes, please!! (& great family ideas too.)
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.