Happy Month of Love! Heather here from FamilyVolley.com, ready to help you make this month (and every month) extra special with your spouse.
It’s almost Valentine’s Day and hopefully we will find some extra special time to spend with our spouse. Maybe, if all the stars align, we even get to go on a date with our spouse. 🙂 It can be so hard to date your spouse when life gets busy.
Remember when you first met and went on dates with your spouse? When you could talk for hours about hopes and dreams and nonsense?
Do you ever go out with your spouse and find that all you talk about now are your kids? Or your family problems and worries? Or maybe you struggle to find something to talk about at all?
Kids and stresses and struggles are important to talk about, but not on our dates. Dates are hard to come by in the first place. They should not be laden with worries. They should be filled with laughter, love, and lots and LOTS of hand holding.
I know what you’re thinking, “If we can’t talk about kids, and struggles, what do we talk about then?”
Here is a list of things you can talk about when you date your spouse. Whether you use them during your Valentine date, or any other date you go on with your spouse. Whether you stay in, or go out, whether it’s in February or any other month of the year, print the list, take it with you and you’ll have plenty to talk about.
WHILE YOU EAT YOUR APPETIZER
1. If you could try out any occupation for a year, what would it be?
2. How would you spend 10,000,000 dollars? (My husband loves this question.)
3. Name three countries you would like to visit.
4. On a scale of 1 to 10 how cool are you?
OVER THE MAIN COURSE
1. If you could rewind to any point in your past, what would you want to relive?
2. If you could take lessons to become an expert at anything, what would it be?
3. How would you spend a perfect day alone?
4. What would you want us to do together for the next ten years if you knew they were our last?
5. What’s the most honest thing you have ever done?
6. How would you like people to describe you at your funeral?
WHILE SHARING DESSERT, or eating your very own
1. Hollywood called, they want to make a movie about your life, who would play you?
2. Name something you love that no one seems to like. (Or name something that everyone seems to love except for you.)
3. What’s the one item you own that you know you should get rid of but never will?
4. Name one thing you miss about our dating years? (Then talk about how you can make it a part of your dating again.)
5. Last one, make it good! What’s something positive about me that you don’t say often enough? (Then decide to say it more.)
These are not one sided questions. You both need to answer them. The coolest part is, this will get the conversation going and then you can take it from there. You will find that the questions might seem funny or silly, but they can lead to other great conversations that you didn’t even know would happen.
Before I sign off, some exciting news I would love to share. I have the very cool opportunity to Direct and Produce the LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER Show in Northern Utah. The show celebrates Mother’s Day and it is so much fun. The night will be filled with a series of monologues on motherhood. The good, the bad, the barely rested of what mothers do and feel and experience each day. We laugh and cry and laugh more. Auditions are open RIGHT now and we need your stories. If you live in Utah, PLEASE consider putting your 3-5 minute story down on paper and signing up to audition. Go to listentoyourmothershow.com and click on Northern Utah for all the details. You can also email me with any questions you might have. If you live in Northern Utah, would love for you to mark your calendars for May 7th and join us for the show.
Happy Dating, Love birds.
IS DATING HARD FOR YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND? WHAT GETS IN THE WAY?
HOW ARE YOU GOING TO SPEND VALENTINES DAY?
WHICH OF THESE QUESTIONS WILL YOUR SPOUSE LIKE THE MOST?