As a mother of two teenage girls, it’s not usual to have a kitchen full of friends, mixing up face mask recipes… and making a huge mess. But, the girls love it, their skin loves it, and I love that I have found some fun recipes for them that don’t require special trips to the store. I wanted to share with you our favorite DIY face masks for teenage girls, and I even turned it into a printable list! The recipe list can be printed and handed out at birthday parties, or the girls can just use it for reference, without having to pull out their phone for each step.
DIY Face Mask Recipes for Teenage Girls
DIY Almond Milk Peel-Off Mask
This mask is wonderful for cleaning pores and so simple to make. Plus, being able to make a peel-off mask at home opens a whole new world of DIY face mask possibilities! I think you’ll love this basic recipe. Not only is it effective, but it requires just two common ingredients.
- Step 1: Mix 1 TBS unflavored gelatin with 1.5 TBS unsweetened almond milk.
- Step 2: Microwave for about 10 seconds.
- Step 3: Apply warm mixture to face (using a small spatula keeps your hands clean!)
- Step 4: Let dry completely and peel off when you’re ready. Rinse any remaining residue off with warm water.
- Step 5: Close pores with a cold water rinse. Apply a great moisturizer!
The Basic Asprin Mask
It’s for real, putting Asprin on your face. And, it gets killer reviews from women all over the world! “What the??” I’ll tell you. So, asprin is a beta-hydroxy acid (BHA) that has been known to be very effective in cleaning and reducing the size of pores. Not only that…when used as a face mask it is said to exfoliate (because of the grit), reduce redness and swelling (because isn’t that what we take Asprin for??), and leave your skin cleaner, smoother, and softer. Not only is this one of the best face masks for teenage girls, but all women should try it out. Yes, please!
- Step 1: Take 6 uncoated aspirin and break each into halves. Put in a small cup.
- Step 2: Add 3-4 drops of warm/hot water. Use a spoon to mash and stir up the Asprin. If it’s too dry and doesn’t dissolve, add 1 drop of water at a time until it forms into a thick white paste.
- Step 3: Spread thickly onto your face, scrubbing gently as you apply. Leave for 10-15 minutes. You’ll know it’s ready when bits of white powder start falling off your face.
- Step 4: As you wash it off with warm water, gently massage it into your skin.
- Step 5: Close pores with a cold water rinse. Pat face gently dry. Done!
* Optional: Instead of water, add 1/2 TBS apple cider vinegar and 1.5 TBS honey.
Exfoliating DIY Simple Oatmeal Mask
This DIY face mask for teenage girls is perfect for light exfoliating… keep that young skin young! This home remedy face mask basically does it all. It cleans, brightens, exfoliates, and unclogs pores.
- Step 1: Mix 2 tsp. oatmeal and 1 tsp. baking soda in a bowl.
- Step 2: Slowly add drips of water while stirring, to make a paste.
- Step 3: Apply to face and let dry. Leave on for about 10 minutes.
- Step 4: Rinse with warm water, followed by cold water. Moisturize skin.
Tropical Face Mask for Oily Skin
It’s not unusual for teenage skin to be on the oily side, rather than dry. Not only is this mask fun, with the bananas and lemon, but it’s great for bringing balance to teenage skin by absorbing oils and cleaning pores.
- Step 1: Mash 1 banana in a bowl.
- Step 2: Add about 10 drops of lemon juice and 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil. Mix well.
- Step 3: Apply to skin and leave for around 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water, followed by cold water. Dry skin.
The Yogurt & Honey Asprin Home Remedy Face Mask
If you have dry skin, this mask makes your skin feel amazing. Each ingredient offers wonderful benefits and are likely all things that you already have in your home.
- Step 1: Mix a dollop of honey into a few tablespoons of unsweetened plain yogurt.
- Step 2: Smash 6 aspirin into a powder with the back of a spoon. Scoop the aspirin into the yogurt, stir, and wait for it to dissolve.
- Step 3: Apply to face, leave on about 10-20 minutes.
- Step 4: Rinse with warm water, followed by cold. Dry your skin, tone, and moisturize.
Follow-Up DIY Acne Fighting Toner
Especially if you have struggles with acne, you may want to follow up any facial cleansing/mask with a toner. There are many great ones you can buy, or you can make your own that is just as good, or maybe even better (plus, natural ingredients!) The other thing you will love is that you double/triple/or more the recipe, making enough to last you for a couple months, unlike the masks that you need to make each time.
- Step 1: Mix 2 TBS witch hazel, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/2 cup water, and 8 to 10 drops tea tree oil.
- Step 2: Store the liquid mixture in a bottle and to apply, simply pour some onto a cotton ball and wipe over clean skin.
DIY Face Masks for Teenage Girls ~ Printable Recipe List
Simply click on the image below to download and print the DIY Face Masks for Teenage Girls list, or click THIS LINK.
My Top 3 Favorite Products for Skin Care
- If you long for glowing, smooth skin, for a KILLER price, I looooove this product line. They offer the basic ingredients that expensive companies rave about in their skin care products, without all the fragrances and fillers, at a fraction of the cost. This Peeling Solution is a great first product to try… it’s one of their most popular and people have amazing results with it. I recommend it to friends all the time!
- This mask is one of the most popular skin care products of all time, for a good reason! It improves your skin… what else could you possibly ask for?! You get a large quantity for a great price too.
- If you have dry skin, one of the most affordable and best ways to trap in moisture is with this humectant product. It works so good! It’s a competitor to one of Clinique’s most popular products, but more affordable and without added dyes. Put it on after washing your face to trap in moisture, then add a cream moisturizer on top.
If you liked this post on homemade face masks for teens, check out:
- 30 Gift Ideas for Teenagers – If you’re visiting this post, in preparation for a spa party for your teenager, I’m guessing you may need some gift ideas too. Heaven knows, teens are the hardest to buy gifts for! Luckily, I have several teenagers of my own that were able to help me out with this post.
- How to Connect With Your Teenager – As mentioned above, I have teens… 7 kids, from toddlers to teens. I definitely don’t know everything, but have learned a few things along my child-raising way. In this printable download, I share several of the best things I’ve learned, in regards to connecting with your teenagers.
- 16 Teenage Birthday Party Ideas – If you’re wanting to plan a teen party that involves more than just “hanging out,” this is the post for you. Packed full of ideas to make their teenage party super fun and super “cool.”
To save this DIY Face Masks That Actually Work post, pin this image:
For additional images to share or pin, click the “Pinterest” button at the top of this post.
Join 180,000+ others & follow OSSS for lots of family ideas!
- NEWSLETTER (free tips for connecting with teens download AND favorite teen recipes included!)
- PINTEREST (lots of awesome family related ideas!)
Woo hoo! Im going to try this tonight! Nice post chica!
suburban hippie mama says
interesting! My 13 yr old niece is staying w/ me this month…we’ll do facials and pedi’s one night…thanks!
Very interesting. I’ll have to try it one day. Thanks for sharing!
Kim Ward says
Thanks you for the post, I will be trying this tonight!!
i am trying this right now!! woot!!
thanks for the insight smart ladies!!
Nuh-uh! I have been so aggravated that the skin from my teenage years is coming back to haunt me and make me miserable. I’ll be stopping by the store for some aspirin tonight! 🙂