Hello OSSS friends…it’s Zainab from Blahnik Baker here again to share with you a delicious, sweet, raspberry lemon bread recipe. I know we are in the heart of summer and most of you are probably almost done with your summer bucket list by now. Was making a fruity summer sweet bread one of those? It surely was on mine!! I love sweet breads but I don’t get to make them very often because I am always wary of the not-so healthy amounts of butter and oil in most. But I took the time this summer to look for a delicious, sort-of-healthy version. Of course having fresh raspberries in it made it so easy!!
This raspberry lemon bread is made with white whole wheat flour and hazelnut flour. The nutty flavor and texture of hazelnuts are incredible with fresh raspberries. The amount of oil used is less than most recipes out there and this uses Greek yogurt for added moisture. This summer bread is everything a great sweet bread should be; so moist, crumbly and delicious. The lemon glaze to go with it is just the perfect added tang.
I hope you find time this summer to try this raspberry lemon bread!! You will LOVE it and it is so easy to make your own. Change the flavors of the bread, use coconut extract if you love coconut, switch out the berries for your favorites. You get the gist 🙂
- 1¼ cups + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- ¼ cup hazelnut meal/flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cups fresh raspberries, rinsed
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 8 x 4-inch loaf pan. Line with parchment and grease the parchment.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, whisk the yogurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla and oil. In one addition, add the flour mixture and stir until combined. In a separate small bowl, mix the raspberries with the 1 tablespoon flour. Fold the raspberries into the batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for about 50-55 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes before inverting out onto a cooling rack.
- While bread cools, make glaze by combining the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice and pour over the cake.
- Pour glaze over bread and let set for 20 minutes.
Here’s are more summer recipes I think you will love too: