It’s time to bring spring into the kitchen! Try these Lemon Blueberry Drop Scones and have a great morning.
The weather has been so beautiful here in my neck of the woods. It has felt like spring for weeks! Which makes me want everything lemon! In my food, in my laundry, in my cleaning products, even in my car. Everywhere!! That’s why I decided it was time to make lemon blueberry drop scones.
These scones totally fulfill the need for lemon in my life. Add in the blueberries and you’ve got a winning combination. You can use fresh (which I prefer) or frozen blueberry (which is also really good!). If you opt for frozen don’t let them thaw before mixing them into the dough, otherwise you’ll have a blue blob instead of this beautiful golden brown scone.
I don’t think there is an easier recipe out there. They are SO easy to make, and they only take 30 minutes to make. So sleep in on Saturday and then make these for brunch.;) Your family will thank you! On other related article please check out k cups online
Serves: 14 scones
- 2 cups flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup lemon or vanilla yogurt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients.
- In another bowl mix the yogurt, egg and butter.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture just until moistened.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Drop using a large cookie scoop (approx. 3 tablespoons) onto a greased baking sheet. Or use parchment paper or a silpat.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over warm scones.
Enjoy more recipes like this: