This omelette is a great clean-out the fridge recipe that comes together in a snap. Use up those summer veggies in this dish!
Use up those summer garden veggies! The seasonings in these omelette-style scrambled eggs are AMAZING and take them WAY over the top! These are super flavorful and you can adapt the recipe to use whatever veggies you have on hand. It’s a great clean-out the fridge recipe that comes together in a snap.
Recently, we’ve been challenging ourselves to eat a veggie at breakfast. This is a perfect way to get them in! It helps that it is really quick to throw together and would make a great hot breakfast to serve to your kiddos before they’re off to school. Or, serve it with some fruit and toast for a yummy brinner on a hectic weeknight. Either way, it’s satisfying, full of flavor, and sure to make you and your crew happy!
- 10 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 ½ - 2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup grated cheese- cheddar, colby jack, pepper jack--any cheese will work here
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, oregano, basil, thyme, and garlic powder. Scramble and mix until well combined. Set aside.
- Preheat a large skillet to med-high. Heat butter or oil in skillet until sizzling. Add diced pepper and green onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Once softened, add the egg mixture to the skillet, stirring, flipping occasionally until eggs are cooked to a wet scramble.
- Add in the spinach and diced tomatoes and cook for another minute or two. Remove from heat and top with grated cheese. Serve immediately.
Looking for more breakfast ideas? Try these!